Long, Island, New York
The Performing Arts
Several theater groups perform various comedies, musicals, dance and
dramas on a year-round basis. These include:
- the four Zaback theaters
- BroadHollow, Farmingdale
- BayWay Arts Center, East Islip
- Studio Theater, Lindenhurst
- Hays Theatre at Molloy College, Rockville Centre
- Airport Playhouse, Bohemia
- Arena Players Repertory Theatre, Farmingdale
- Plaza Playhouse, Old Bethpage
- Plainedge Playhouse, Bethpage
- Theatre Three, Port Jefferson
- Bay Street - Sag Harbor
Summer stock includes:
World Class Concert Halls
Several world class concert halls make Long Island the place to be for
top name entertainment:
- Westbury Music Fair, Westbury
- Nationally known and attracts top name entertainment to its unique
3,000-seat theater-in-the-round format.
- Jones Beach State Park, Wantagh
- Every summer the world famous outdoor Marine Theatre becomes the
center of super star entertainment.
- The Tilles Center at C.W. Post Campus, Greenvale
- Features year-round entertainment including the acclaimed Eglevsky
Ballet, National Grand Opera and Long Island Philharmonic at its
2,200-seat Main Hall and 500-seat Recital Hall.
Staller Center for the Arts, SUNY, Stony Brook
- A large 1,100-seat main concert hall, three theaters and an art
- Adams Playhouse at Hofstra University, Uniondale
- 1,100-seat scene of many events including the Nassau Symphony Orchestra
and the world renowned Shakespeare Festival held every March.
- Inter Media Arts Center (IMAC), Huntingon
- Presents jazz and avant garde music
- Planting Field Arboretum, Oyster Bay
- Home to several exhibitions and concerts including the well known Sea
Cliff Chamber Players.
- Friends Of The Arts
- A not-for-profit organization whose
mission to enrich the cultural life on Long Island is achieved
through presentations of world class performances and through
stimulating educational programs for young people.
Our Big Arena
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale is Long Island's
major arena with 17,500 seats and a 60,000 square foot exhibition hall.
The Coliseum is home to the four-time NHL Stanley Cup champion N.Y.
Islanders hockey team, and host to other events including concerts,
business and consumer trade shows, and the circus.
Return to the Long Island HomePage
© 1997 Stelcom, Inc. &